Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Diwali!!

Happy Diwali everyone, hope it was full of sparkles, sweets and crackers!!

Diwali is God Laxmi's festival where every member of the house participate. They show their happiness by lighting earthen 'diyas' (lamps), decorating the houses, bursting firecrackers and inviting near and dear ones to their households for partaking in a sumptuous feast. The lighting of lamps is a way of paying obeisance to god for attainment of health, wealth, knowledge, peace, valor and fame.

It is one time in the whole year that Mr.Simplyxstylish volunteer to leave the bed long before the day begins. In fact, the traditional oil bath at 5 a.m, is the only chore that stands between him and the pre-dawn adventures. Diwali is never complete without light up of little oil lamps, candles and scented sticks(agarbathis), the wherewithal for setting alight crackers and sparklers.

Hope you had a great Diwali.. Now getting onto what I wore for Diwali and Dhanteras.




Dhanteras

I wore a beautiful saree gifted to me by my in-laws from Lilabari Assam. Didnt wanted to pair it with the same blouse so opted for this gorgeous green blouse. It did justice by brightening the saree!!







Diwali

Wore this traditional silk saree bought by my mom as a part of my wedding trousseau, she made sure I had traditional and fancy sarees both and in abundance ;)
Getting married in a Maharastrain family gave me a chance to explore nath which was and still a traditional piece of jewellery women often adore,so bringing my traditional look for Laxmi Pujan








Hope you liked my traditional look!!


No comments:

Post a Comment